NRA CET Notification 2021 | Check Common Eligibility Test Exam Date – The government is going to held a common prelims exam for the non-gazetted posts in the central government. The government has decided to conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET) in place of prelims exams for all the government departments. The score of the exam is used to select the candidates for the higher level of examination by the different organizations for select candidates for the posts. The test scores will be valid for a period of three years and will be conducted twice a year.
NRA CET Notification 2021 | Check Common Eligibility Test Exam Date
|Organization Name||Union Cabinet|
|Exam Name||Common Eligibility Test (CET)|
|Conducting Body||National Recruitment Agency (NRA)|
|Name Of The Posts||All Non-Gazetted Posts like Group B, Group C, Non-Technical Vacancies|
|Approved On||19th August 2020|
|Exam Levels||Graduate-level, 12th Pass Level, 10th Pass|
|Amount Sanctioned||The government has sanctioned a sum of Rs. 1517.57 crore for NRA|
National Recruitment Agency is a multi-agency which will be responsible for easing the recruitment processes. NRA would be conducting separate CET for all three levels, i.e. graduate, higher secondary, and matriculate candidates. The head-quarter for NRA will be in Delhi with some regional offices and will come into force by next year. Over 1000 centers will be allotted for conducting the CET exam which would cover every district as it has been decided that more than one center (as per the number of candidates) should be there in every district to reduce expenses for poor candidates.
The CET stands for Common Eligibility Test, it is a basic computer-based online eligibility test conducted by NRA(National Recruitment Agency) to screen all the appearing candidates on the very first level or a preliminary stage for various exams such as SSC, IBPS, and RRBs. Students who successfully qualify for the common eligibility test will become eligible to move forward and appear for the further selection process which includes Tier 2 and Tier 3, which further will be held by IBPR, SSC or RRB.
The NRA CET Eligibility Criteria will be the same as per the exam post requirements. There will be three levels of the exam, i.e.,
- Undergraduate Exam
- 12th Level Exam
- 10th Level Exam
As the NRA examines all three levels, the qualification for each level is as explained below:
- 10th Pass Category: The candidates who will apply for the CET administered by NRA for 10th Pass level exams will have different educational qualification criteria. The basic educational requirement is the 10th pass from a recognized school.
- 12th Pass Category: Candidates to apply for 10+12 level of exams must fulfill the qualification based on the level for which they will appear in CET. The basic educational requirement is a 12th pass from a recognized & affiliated school.
- Graduates Category: The Graduate level CET exam’s educational qualification will have completely different criteria and must have a graduation degree from a recognized college or university.
- To apply for the NRA Common Eligibility Test, the candidate can be a citizen of India,
- the candidate can be a citizen of Nepal/Bhutan,
- If a candidate is a Tibetan refugee settled in India before January 01, 1962, it will also be counted as eligible for the exam.
- Any candidate who has migrated from any country but permanently residing in India is also eligible.
- The age limit varies for each exam the candidate wishes to take up.
- As said above, the eligibility criteria are the same as the respective exam boards.
- There is no change in the age limit of the exam. The age relaxation for different categories will remain the same.
Reservation for EWS and PwD
- As the authorities do not yet release the official notification, but it is expected that there would be a 10% reservation for PwD and EWS candidates.
List of Exams conducted by NRA
The National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will initially aim at replacing the preliminary exams of 3 agencies namely Staff Selection Commission (SSC), the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) and the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). This means that aspirants will have to prepare for a single preliminary examination for all the exams conducted by these three agencies namely SSC CGL, CHSL, IBPS Clerk, RRB NTPC etc. The exact details regarding the posts to be notified under NRA CET Exam is yet to be declared.
NRA CET Exam Pattern 2020
- There would be sectional timing in the preliminary exam conducted by the NRA. The exam will include four sections: Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, General Awareness, and Reasoning.
- The CET exam for hiring candidates will be based on an online exam for 200 marks.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- The exam duration will be 60 minutes, and for a person with deformity, it will be 80 minutes.
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
NRA CET score and its validity
The CET score is the marks obtained in the test by the candidates. This score will define the aptitude ability of the candidate and will be counted as prelims marks. On the basis of the NRA CET score, the candidate can choose their choice of exam for tier-2 and tier-3 exams. The validity for the common eligibility test score is decided to be for three years, however, who wish to improve their score could appear in the exam every year.
Key Points of NRA CET
- NRA will be an autonomous society under Societies Act
- NRA will conduct the Tier-1 examination- Common Eligibility Test, CET that will be an online examination.
- A single exam will be held for IBPS, SSC, and RRB initially. This will be the preliminary exam.
- The CET score will be valid for three years from the date of declaration of the result and will be made available to the candidates as well as the recruiting agency.
- Each candidate will have two additional chances to improve his or her scores and the best scores will be taken into consideration.
- Every district will have at least one exam center.
- Separate CET will be held for graduate, higher secondary and class 10 level
- There will be a common syllabus for the CET
- As per the PIB, the list of successful candidates from CET can be utilized by State Governments also
- Important Links
|To Read Government’s Statement On NRA Common Eligibility Test||Click Here|
|For More Details Of NRA All India Recruitment||Click Here|