UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Syllabus 2021 | Check Exam Pattern – The Union Public Service Commission has released the notification for CAPF 2021 exam. The constitutional body, Union Public Service Commission conducts UPSC CAPF exam for the merit-based selection of Assistant Commandant (Group A) Officer in BSF, CISF, ITBP, CRPF, SSB, NSG and AR. The aspirants must go through the UPSC CAPF syllabus and exam pattern before the examination. The Syllabus and Exam Pattern will be released in the Official Notification . The expected main subjects are general ability, intelligence, general studies, English language, Comprehension, and essays. All the candidates can go through in detail to make sure they do not miss any of the important topics.
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Syllabus 2021 | Check Exam Pattern
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Post Name||Central Armed Police Force Assistant Commandant (CAPF)|
|Selection Process||Written Test, Physical Standards/ Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests, Interview/ Personality Test, Final Selection/ Merit|
|Job Location||Across India|
UPSC CAPF AC Exam Pattern 2021
Exam Pattern for Stage-I
Highlight Of UPSC CAPF AC Exam Pattern For Paper I
- The total time duration to complete UPSC CAPF Paper 1 is 2 hours.
- The paper will be held from 10 am to 12 pm on exam day.
- The questions asked are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- The question paper will be available in English & Hindi medium.
- Paper 1 has a negative marking scheme. For every wrong answer, 1/3rd of the marks allotted to the question will be deducted.
Highlight Of UPSC CAPF AC Exam Pattern For Paper II
- The Paper 2 exam will be conducted for a period of 3 hours from 2 pm to 5 pm on the exam day.
- Paper 2 is a descriptive paper (Pen & Paper-based)
- The essay can be written in English or Hindi language. Whereas, the questions based on Precis Writing, Comprehension Components, and other communications/ language skills will be in English only.
- The essay writing will be for 80 marks and questions on Comprehension, precis writing, other communications/language skills will be of 120 Marks.
|Paper Name||Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper-I -General and Intelligence||250 marks||2 hours|
|Paper-II -Comprehension, Essay and General Studies||200 marks||3 Hours|
Exam Pattern for Stage-II
|100 Meters race||16 Seconds||18 seconds|
|800 Meters race||3 minutes 45 seconds||4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump(only 3 chances)||3.5 Meters||3.0 meters|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs)||4.5 Meters||–|
Physical Standard Test (PST)
|Sex||Height specifications||Chest girth (Fully expanded)||Expansion||Weight Specifications|
|Male||165 cms.||81 cms.||5 cms.||50 kg|
|Female||157 cms.||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||46 kg|
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|Physical Efficiency Test||Male candidates||Female Candidates|
|100 Metre race||16 Seconds||18 Seconds|
|800 Metre race||3 minutes 45 second||4 minutes 45 second|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters 3 chances)||3.0 Meters 3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters||—|
Medical Standard Requirements
|UPSC CAPF Medical Standard Specifications||Specification for Better eye
|Specification for Worse eye
|Specification for Near Vision||N6 (corrected)||N9 (corrected)|
|Specification for Distant vision||6/6
Interview round for UPSC CAPF
After passing the Physical and Medical exams, applicants will be invited to the CAPF Interview or Personality Test. There will be a total of 150 marks given for the interview. Candidates who are shortlisted for the Interview round will be asked to fill out the Comprehensive Application Form (DAF) to show their preference for Armed Forces like BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBP, and SSB.
The UPSC CAPF Merit List will be used to make the final selection of candidates. The final merit list will be prepared by UPSC based on the scores obtained in the CAPF Written Exam and Interview/Personality Test.
Marking Scheme for UPSC CAPF
The CAPF marking scheme is mentioned below:
- Only objective type papers, such as Paper-I, are eligible for negative marking.
- For each incorrect answer, 1/3rd of a mark will be deducted, i.e. (0.33).
- If a candidate marks more than one answer for a question, it will be considered a wrong answer, and 1/3 of the marks will be deducted, regardless of whether one of the marked answers is correct.
- There will be no deductions for a question that is left blank, i.e. the applicant does not mark an answer for that question.
- Since Paper-II is a descriptive form, no negative marking is permitted.
CAPF Assistant Commandants Syllabus 2021
Paper-I: General Ability and Intelligence (250 Marks)
- General Mental Ability: The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
- General Science: The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension, and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
- Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the board areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalization, and interplay among nations,.
- Indian Polity and Economy: The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, Social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
- History of India: The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
- Indian and World Geography: The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper-II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension (200 marks)
- Part‐A – Essay questions which are to be answered in the long narrative form either in Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
- Part‐B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
|To Download UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Syllabus 2021 PDF & Exam Pattern|
|UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam Notification 2021 | Apply Online