CSSS Scholarship 2023 | Apply Online | Eligibility | Renewal Process – Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has launched CSSS Scholarship Scheme. All interested applicants are invited to apply under this scholarship scheme. The Government is going to provide financial incentives to meritorious students through this scholarship scheme which belongs to the economically weaker sections of the society so that they can pursue higher education. The scheme was launched by the Department of Higher Education during the Eleventh Five Year Plan. 82,000 scholarships are awarded every year through this scheme for which 50% seats are reserved for girls and 50% seats are reserved for boys. 1000 crores every year on implementation of this scheme. Through this scholarship, scheme scholarships are provided for undergraduate and post graduate courses.
CSSS Scholarship 2023 | Apply Online | Eligibility | Renewal Process
|Name of Scholarship||Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship|
|Scholarship Under||Higher Education Department|
|Scholarship by||Government of India|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Scholarship For||Students who have passed 12th Class|
MHRD will provide scholarship benefit only to candidates who meet the desired eligibility criteria. Therefore, all applicants should read the eligibility criteria before applying for CSSS scholarship award. The following students are eligible for Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2023
- Applicants who are above 80th% of the successful candidates in stream belonging to a particular board of examination in class XII are eligible for scholarship.
- An applicant should follow a regular course (not correspondence or distance mode)
- A candidate’s family income should be less than Rs 8 lakh per annum
- One candidate should not receive any other scholarship and any fee reimbursement.
- Students pursuing diploma courses are not eligible for central sector scholarship scheme.
Renewal Of CSSS Scholarship 2023
- A student can avail the benefit of scholarship scheme for a maximum period of 5 years including both graduation and post graduate level
- It is mandatory for students to graduate or post graduation in the same stream
- To renew the scholarship, the student must maintain at least 75% attendance
- Candidate should not be involved in any ragging activities
- Student should score at least 55% or more in previous exam
Incentive Amount Under Central Sector Scheme Of Scholarship
|Graduation Level||Rs. 10,000 per annum for 3 years|
|Post Graduation Level||Rs. 20,000 per annum for 2 years|
|Professional Courses||Rs. 20,000 per annum|
|Technical Courses Such as B.Tech and B.E||Scholarship amount up to Graduation Level|
CSSS Scholarship Reservation Policy
The following percentage of seats are reserved in the CSS Scholarship Scheme for candidates belonging to various social categories:
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|Physically Handicapped/ PWD||5% (horizontally)|
Amount Of Scholarship Under CSSS Scholarship
Under css scholarship, monetary assistance will be provided by the Government of India to eligible candidates. The prize money for various categories is given below:
|Educational Level||Amount Of Scholarship|
|Graduation||Rs 10000 for 3 years|
|Post Graduation||Rs 20000 for 2 years|
|Professional Courses||Rs 20000 per year during 4th and 5th year|
|For Technical Courses(B.tech, B.engg)||The scholarship is provided up to graduation level|
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Selection Process
Eligible candidates applying on national scholarship portal (NSP) can be selected for CSS scholarship.
- Online applications will be verified at two levels: (i) by the institution where the student is studying. (ii) By the concerned State Board of Education.
- An application which is not verified by the institute or the concerned State Board of Education or both shall be treated as “invalid”.
- The merit list will be prepared as per the state allotted quota from the verified applications.
Documents Required :
- Aadhar Card
- 12th Class Marksheet
- Income certificate
- Mobile number
- Passport size photograph
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Registration Process
- Visit the official website @ scholarships.gov.in
- Then you will be landed on the NSP Ministry of Human Resource Development Department of Higher Education, Government of India home page
- Go to Central Schemes and click on the Department of Higher Education link
- Go through the guidelines given and if you are eligible and interested to apply, click on the New Registration link
- Read all the instructions given and proceed with the registration
- Once registration is done, log in yourself and fill in your details in the fields asked
- Finally, submit all the details and take a print of the application form for later references
|To Register Online for CSSS Scholarship 2023
||Click Here ( To Be Updated )|