HPSC HCS Prelims Exam Analysis 2022 | Difficulty Level | Good Attempts – Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) is going to conduct the first phase of Haryana Civil Services (Executive Branch) preliminary examination on September 12.2021. For information, let us tell you that this exam will be conducted in 538 centers in 13 districts of the state in which 1,48,242 candidates will be involved. The exam will be conducted in two shifts. It will be conducted from 10 am to 12 noon and from 3 pm to 5 pm. Under this recruitment drive, 156 vacancies have been removed.
- 1 HPSC HCS Prelims Exam Analysis 2022 | Difficulty Level | Good Attempts
- 1.1 HPSC HCS Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
- 1.2 HPSC Cut off 2019
HPSC HCS Prelims Exam Analysis 2022 | Difficulty Level | Good Attempts
|Exam Name||Haryana Civil Services – HCS|
|Organisation Name||Haryana Public Service Commission|
|Level of the Exam||State-level – Haryana|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Exam Stages||Prelims + Mains + Interview / Personality Test|
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
|Exam Helpdesk||0172 – 2560755|
Highlights of HPSC HCS Prelims GS Paper-1 2022 Exam:
- The paper was conducted in Offline Mode across different cities.
- Paper-1 general Studies consisted of 100 objective type (multiple choices) questions.
- Each question was of 1 mark each.
- There was negative marking of 0.25 mark for wrong answers.
- The questions were in both English and Hindi Language.
- Paper-1 was of 2 Hours Duration
- HCS Paper 2 CSAT, the aptitude paper which was introduced in 2016, is now qualifying in nature.
- At least 33% of marks must be obtained in CSAT To Qualify.
- Provisional selection for Mains will be based on Paper I only, provided 33% is scored in Paper 2.
- Previously, the selection was based on the score procured in both papers.
- It is compulsory to carry Admit Card with affixed Photograph on it and Original ID proof alongwith its photocopy as well.
- Candidates are required to bring one ball point pen (blue/black) also.
HPSC HCS Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
There will be two papers, each with 100 marks.
- Questions will be objective MCQ-based.
- Each paper will have to be completed within 2 hours.
- For every wrong answer, ¼th of marks, i.e. 0.25 will be deducted.
- Question papers will be asked in two languages, that is in Hindi and English.
|Paper||Subjects||Total no. Of Questions||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
|I||General Studies||100||100||2 hours|
HPSC HCS Mains Exam Pattern 2022
- A total of 5 papers have to be attempted by the candidates in the HCS Mains examination.
- The First 3 papers are compulsory in nature and Papers 4 & 5 are optional; candidates can choose the subjects for these two papers.
- Papers will have questions of conventional nature.
- Each paper will be for 3 hours.
- The Interview round worth 75 marks is also a part of this test.
- Final selection is made on the basis of marks scored out of 675.
|II||Hindi (in Devanagari script)||100|
|Total marks in Mains exam||600|
|Total marks in Mains + Personality Test||675|
HPSC Selection Process
The HCS exam has 3 stages for final selection, namely, Preliminary exam, Mains Exam, and Personal Interview.
Stage I – HCS Prelims Exam:
- This is the first stage.
- Candidates who clear the prelims exam are eligible for the Mains Exam.
Stage II – HCS Mains Exam:
- The Mains Exam is descriptive in nature.
- This stage shortlists candidates for the interview round.
- No candidate shall qualify for the Personality Test unless he/she obtains at least 45% marks in the aggregate of all written papers and a score of a minimum 33% marks each in Hindi (including Hindi Essay) in Devnagri script and English (including English essay) papers (compulsory papers).
Stage III– Personality Test
- This is the final stage.
- A final list of selected candidates is published after this round.
- Mains & Interview marks are added for the final selection.
HPSC HCS Prelims GS Paper-1 Exam Analysis 2022
|Sections||Topics||Difficulty Level (Good Attempts)|
|History||History of India and Indian Freedom Struggle||Moderate to Difficult|
|Geography||Geography of India – physical, social, and economic Geography of the country||Moderate to Difficult|
|Indian Polity||Indian Polity and Governance issues||Moderate to Difficult|
|Economy||Indian Economy and Social Development||Moderate|
|General Science||Physics, Chemistry, Biology (understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and experience)||Moderate|
|Haryana-Economy and people||Social, economic, and cultural institutions and language of Haryana||Moderate to Difficult|
|Total||100||Moderate to Difficult (70-75)|
HPSC HCS (Haryana PCS) Exam Analysis 2019-2020
- Haryana Public Service Commission held the preliminary test for Haryana HCS 2019 on March 31, 2019, at various locations across the state.
- The HCS exam was divided into two shifts: 1st Shift (GS Paper- 10 AM-12 PM) and 2nd Shift (GS Paper- 10 AM-12 PM) (CSAT- 3 PM- 5 PM).
- The exam’s difficulty was moderate.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Level|
|Indian and World Geography||15||Moderate|
|Indian History + Art & Culture||24||Easy to Moderate|
|Indian Economy and Government Scheme||8||Moderate|
|Environment and Ecology||2||Easy|
|General Science||19||Easy to Moderate|
|Current Affairs (India + World) + International Organisation||10||Moderate|
|Haryana History and Art &Culture||3||Moderate|
|Haryana Geography and Agriculture||3||Moderate|
HPSC HCS Previous Year Cut off
It is important to note HPSC HCS previous year cut off to set your target and mould your preparation accordingly.
HPSC Cut off 2019
HPSC HCS Exam Day 2022 Guidelines
- Please note the date, reporting time and venue address of the examination given in the call letter. Candidates are advised to read your exam centre before time to avoid any delay
- The call letter should be brought with you to the examination venue along with your recent passport size photograph duly pasted on it.
- No use of calculators (separate or with a watch), books, notebooks or written notes, cell phones (with or without camera facility), or any other electronic device will be allowed during the examination. You should NOT carry any of these inside the examination room. After AarogyaSetu status display at the entry gate, candidates will be required t
- Mapping of ‘Candidate Roll Number and the Lab Number’ will NOT be displayed outside the exam venue, but the same will be intimated to the candidates individually at the time of the entry of the candidate to the exam venue.